Power for bigger berths in Dubrovnik
A €5 million investment to create full-service berths for vessels of 20m (66ft) and more at ACI Dubrovnik in Croatia has been the largest infrastructure project undertaken at the marina for 30 years. The development was spurred on by market demand.
Reconstruction of the power grid led the investor to install 113 Marex power pedestals with the latest Harbor Commander Cloud smart system. Fully designed and certified by Marex, the largest manufacturer of energy pedestals in Croatia, the system manages water and electricity supply in the most efficient possible way.
In the Harbor Commander Cloud system, pedestals are connected to the Internet and can either be networked with each other with a wired or wireless connection or have an individual internet connection, for example, via a data SIM card. Connections are managed remotely using a web app. The database is stored in the cloud. The app may be accessed via smartphone, tablet or computer with internet access. There are different admin apps for reception staff and boaters, and client apps for boaters. A username and password is required to log in.
• Interactive map with pedestal display
• Overview of the pedestal (display of the pedestal with the current status of the connections, display of all active and inactive sessions and remote switching on/off of the connection terminals)
• User overview (search by ship name, surname, e-mail, display of sessions with initial and final meter balance, duration and consumption, credit, prepaid/postpaid settings, tariffs, connection limit, etc.)
• Overview of alarms (display of active alarms and display of alarm history)
• Overview of statistics and analysis (pedestals according to consumption, users according to consumption, connection terminals according to consumption)
• Settings (tariffs, online payment and restrictions on the use of connection terminals)
Key features of the client app:
• Switching the terminals on/off, scanning the QR code on the pedestal
• Display of details and past sessions
• Online payment
Payment of electricity and water consumption is possible in both pre-paid and post-paid versions.
The Harbor Commander Cloud system at ACI Dubrovnik has proven to be extremely efficient and easy to use, both for administrators and clients who can start using the service in just a few moments via their mobile device. There is no crowding at reception, boat owners have immediate access to the services they need and there is clear insight regarding consumption and payment from the moment the service is activated.