Pilea Marina set to transform Thessaloniki waterfront
GREECE: The Municipality of Pilea-Hortiatis has initiated a significant €45 million development project by announcing plans for Pilea Marina. The municipality will manage the marina in an effort to upgrade the area, generate significant economic benefits and create an important number of new jobs.
66 berths with 6-star service
AUSTRALIA: Marina owner/operator Mulpha is to spend over $8.3 million on a 66-berth extension at Sanctuary Cove Marina in Queensland. The investment will expand its capacity to host large vessels.
Buying ‘Bahia Mar’, selling ‘Loggerhead’
USA: Suntex Marina Investors has made a significant investment in the Bahia Mar Yachting Center (BMYC) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Ana Marina to open as nautical hub in Vietnam
Ana Marina in Nha Trang on the south east coast of Vietnam, scheduled to open in the first quarter of next year, will be the country’s first full service marina and yacht club. It is being developed not only to offer berths to locals and visitors and provide a new luxury destination for superyachts, but also to establish a nautical lifestyle hub.
Cruising where continents meet
Straddling Europe and Asia, West Istanbul Marina is one of the largest in Turkey. It is also the only marina in the Mediterranean offering technical services to some of the world’s largest superyachts – and has plans for more. Charlotte Niemiec invites Fuat Címen, deputy general marina manager, to talk shop.
Climate or weather change – be prepared
by Darren Vaux
The marina industry operates at the interface where the embodied energy from 71% of the world’s water surface interacts with the remaining 29% that is land. The marina industry has always needed to be prepared for, and react to, extreme weather. The effect of climate change is increased frequency and intensity of these extreme weather events. ...